Sunday, February 21, 2010

Playing Online

Now that I feel I am used to the game of Madden, and have picked up a couple of cool advantages (some would call them "cheats") along the way, I feel ready to play other random people in the game.  You play Madden 10 online by having an Xbox Live account and playing a ranked opponent in the lobby.  Once the game loads, you pick your teams and the game is on - everyone has a record.  It appears like this on the screen (W/L) DNF: %.  The DNF is the Did Not Finish percentage - people with high ones are not as good.  The first guy I played had a record of 21/39, with a 25% DNF.  I figured if I blew him out he would quit, but I figured I wouldn't since it was my first ever game online.

My opponent selected the Eagles, and I played with the Cowboys.  I won the game 31-28 on a last second, 52 yard field goal.  After the game, the guy sent me a message on my Xbox - "lucky *** win you noob" and I chose to not respond.  I supposed in retrospect it was a rather lucky win - twice I made Michael Vick fumble in the red zone with me recovering it - he only punted once.  I guess I have found a new advantage - when poor or inexperienced players get "hit-stuck" they are more likely to fumble than players with good awareness.  My offense worked well though, especially the play I previously discussed of Cross Weak Flood over the middle to Jason Witten.  I ended with 7 catches for 128 yards and 2 touchdowns for Witten, my all-Pro tight end.

I guess after playing online (which was a lot of fun) I need to work on my defense a little more, figuring out how to force more punts and defend the pass much better.  My offense though appears ready for battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment